Directly from you
We collect personal information from you when you provide the information directly to us, such as when you contact us or when enter your personal information on our website to create an account, attend an event, purchase goods or use services from BMW, or submit an inquiry, or when you apply for credit. Examples of information we collect from you and use are:
· Identifiers and contact information: such as your name, email address, password, vehicle identification number, and your personalized BMW identification number if you register for a My Account online.
· Financial information:such as your banking details, credit card number(s), and financial statements so that we can administer the financial services that we provide you with (e.g., through My Account).
· Credit history: such as details about your employment history, and information about your income, assets and liabilities, if you apply for credit. We use this information to assess your application for credit.
· Transactional and purchase information: such as details about your delivery information and payment information if you make a purchase so that we can process your transaction and deliver the products or services to you.
· Information you provide us when contacting us: such as your name and contact information if you participate in an online chat with one of our BMW representatives so that we can review our discussion with you and follow-up with you if necessary, or over the telephone with one of our BMW representatives.
· Job-related information: such as information you submit to us when applying for a career opportunity at BMW Group Canada, which may include your education and employment history, your resume, letters of reference, references and any additional information provided by you in an application form on our website or correspondence.
Note: if you provide BMW Group Canada the personal information of another individual, then you must take all measures, including obtaining the individual’s consent, to ensure that you have the lawful right to collect and communicate the information to BMW Group Canada and for BMW Group Canada to collect, use, communicate and retain the personal information in accordance with this policy.
From third parties
We also collect your personal information from other sources, such as retailers, consumer reporting agencies, government agencies, and others. For example:
· Purchase history and status: such as contact information and the type of vehicle that you have purchased from retailers to administer your purchase of a BMW product and to share repair or maintenance information about your vehicle when you seek service from other retailers.
· Credit information: such as credit information from consumer reporting agencies if you seek to finance or lease a vehicle from us.
· From independent or public sources: for example, we may collect information from government agencies and other third-party sources of information about registered owners of vehicles and the vehicle owners’ financing, organizations that perform background checks on job applicants, and publicly available information, such as social media.